Kali Linux Installation Requirements :
Since the release of Kali Linux 1.0.8, Kali Linux supports EFI out of the box. This added feature simplifies the process of getting Kali installed and running on various Apple MacBook Air, Pro, and Retina models.
The make/model/year of the device will determine how successful your experience will be, with newer devices having a better chance of working. Pre-installing rEFInd may also increase the odds of success on older devices.This guide will show you to replace OSX with Kali Linux, with the option of encrypting the partition. However, if you wish to keep OSX, you will want to refer to our dual-boot guide instead.
Installation Prerequisites :
- A minimum of 10 GB disk space for the Kali Linux install.
- A minimum of 512MB RAM.
- For devices older than late 2012, you will need a blank DVD.
- USB booting may not work without rEFInd installed.
- For devices newer than late 2012, you’ll need a blank DVD or a USB drive.
- OSX 10.7 or higher.
Preparing for the Installation :
- Download Kali linux.
- Burn the Kali Linux ISO image to a DVD or copy the image to USB drive.
- Backup any important information on the device to an external media.