OWASP Mantra – Kali Linux
People in OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) have put together a Mozilla Firefox mod with plenty of add-ons aimed at helping penetration testers and developers to test web applications for bugs or security flaws. In this recipe, we will install OWASP-Mantra in our Kali Linux, run it for the first time, and see some of its features.
Most of the web application penetration testing is done through a web browser; that’s the reason why we need to have one with the correct set of tools to perform such a task.
The OWASP Mantra includes a collection of add-ons to perform tasks, such as:
- Sniffing and intercepting HTTP requests
- Debugging client-side code
- Viewing and modifying cookies
- Gathering information about sites and applications
Fortunately for us, OWASP Mantra is included in the default Kali Linux repositories. So, to make sure that we get the latest version of the browser, we need to update the packages list:
[email protected]:~# apt-get update
How to do it…
1. Open a terminal and run:
[email protected]:~# apt-get install owasp-mantra-ff
2. After the installation is finished, navigate to menu: Applications | 03 – Web Application Analysis | Web Vulnerability Scanners | owasp-mantra-ff to start Mantra for the first time. Or use a terminal with the following command:
[email protected]:~# owasp-mantra-ff
3. With the new browser open, click on the OWASP logo and then Tools. Here we can
access all the tools that
OWASP Mantra includes.
4. We will use some of these tools in later Tutorials.
If you have encountered a problem or you have any questions or remarks please feel free to set a comment.
If this article helped you to solve your problem please feel free to share it with your friends … with love and prosperity K4LINUX–TEAM.
With Love and Prosperity K4LINUX-TEAM.